Monday, August 12, 2013

love.

Can you imagine going to a wedding, where the couple exchange their vows and all you can think about is how the bride feels the exact same way towards the groom as you did about your ex? AND to top that, your ex who broke up with you two weeks ago is standing there, in the bridal party...

Sitting through this wedding was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my entire life.  I had to sit there as everyone talked about love, fate, destiny, being "meant to be" and all that other bullshit, while I'm still trying to repair my broken heart.
Honestly, fuck love, fuck destiny, and fuck being meant to be. I never believed in love in the first place.  He came and changed my mind. Its just a whole sack of bullshit fed to us as young children.  We grow up believing this fairytale version of love with a castle and rainbows and a knight in shining armor.  My knight in shining armor turned out to be just some guy wrapped in tin foil.  Honestly, he didn't even do anything wrong, which makes it even harder.  I built a castle...I did, against everything I have ever learned through my various lessons in life. It all came crashing down on me in the end, and now I know why single girls go out and party on the weekends or even weekdays, or why guys just go out and look for an easy lay.  That is so much easier than dealing with this pain.

Falling in love is probably the worst thing someone can do in their life.  The moment you can completely be yourself around someone, run the other way, as fast as you can.  Trust me, it'll save you a lot of heart ache.  The moment you realize oh shit, I'm falling for someone, call it quits and then relocate to a different state.  It's really the best thing to do.

I always used to say that I wanted to live by this quote, "take the risk, forget the fall, if its what you want, its worth it all."  I thought he was worth it all.  I did, and maybe I still do.  However, was the relationship worth this heartbreak as well as everything else that I have been through? When I really think about it, I cant help but to say yes.  But, oh how badly, I want to say no.

Love is a joke.  Love is a prank.  Love is the greatest lie of all time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment