Friday, August 2, 2013

Pain&Strength.

Pain.

Even the word itself is unpleasant. 

Strength.

Even the word itself is empowering. 

Can you really have one without the other? I'm not so sure. 
One simple example, when a person works out to build muscle, they first tear the muscle fibers, don't they? Then they spend a few days to a week building that same muscle in order to get stronger. 
Now, emotionally, can someone who avoids pain and hurt really tell someone that is "weak-hearted" that they are weak? Mmmmm....lets see. 
A person is not weak because they have feelings or because they show those feelings. I feel that that makes them stronger than the person that can push those emotions out of their mind. 
The thing is the person that goes through everything, goes out on a limb and puts their heart out there and makes themselves vulnerable, that person realizes how much they have to lose. When it's lost, they can't just push it out of their mind. They think about it all day, everyday. You're not strong for not showing emotions, or for avoiding pain and hurt. 
I resent anyone that calls me weak (except physically, but I'm working on that). I am a very emotionally intellectual person. I know what I'm feeling all hours of the day. I can put a name to every single emotion that I feel and can express it. I am not weak because I cry during sad situations or because the thought of losing someone really hurts me or because I wear my heart on my sleeve. I am strong because no matter what I've been through, I've made it, because I may have fallen ten times but that means I've gotten up 11 times and you can bet your ass that I'm gonna get up again, because no matter how dark the skies get, I can always see the silver lining. 
Strength without pain, is like getting an A on something you didn't even study for. 
The thing is, I won't judge. I won't call you weak or say that you're not strong in your own way. I can't. I don't know what you've been through, the struggles or the pain you may have felt. But, with that said, there is no way in hell that I'm a weak person. None. 

Judge me. 
Over and out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment